Friday, December 11, 2009

421 FS Christmas Party / Farewell

Last Saturday David & I were able to attend our Squadron Christmas Party. Thanks to our wonderful neighbors Tory & Brian who took our kids for the evening. It is so nice to be able to enjoy yourself knowing your kids are with someone who you trust! This year our party was held at the Castle a reception type hall in Layton, UT. It was decorated beautifully inside and out! I was a little nervous when I saw the menu but the food turned out to be awesome! It was a Cajon influenced meal and it was all so good especially the dessert! David & I both enjoyed our conversation with all the others and over all was sad to see the night end. Not only was it our Christmas Party but it was also our Farewell. They had lot of nice things to say about David and the work he did for them. He even got praise from the Squadron Commanders Wife! He was given a signed, & framed litho and I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It was hard not to shed a tear now that the reality of leaving has come! These people our extended family and through good and bad are there with you! Thanks to all of you and your friendship. We did get to the end the night on a fun note by participating in the white elephant exchange! Just one suggestion don't ever send your husband to pick the gift! Let's just say we won't be using ours for a long time..........or if EVER!