So we have been off & on potty training for a little over a year. A year ago she was actually ready to go but with David being deployed, us living in a new environment, & new baby in the house it just never worked out. Then it was time to move, be on the road & not live a “normal” life! It still just didn’t work out. We tried to get serious about it a little over a month ago but once again she just wasn’t ready! Last week I swore I would never mention the potty again until we were settled in Del Rio & she was three! But out of the blue she brought it up. We decided that we needed a new approach and new tools. So the little princess got to go to the store and pick out her very own, singing, pink, princess potty! Still off & on for the next few days we struggled but got a few successes! Trying to decide weather to really push the potty or just let it go we choose to keep on her and see how she did. Not being very successful or into the whole thing yesterday I thought I was safe to give her a bribe this morning! OH was I WRONG! She woke up talking about the potty so David put her on & she made the potty sing! A little while later when asked she once again went sat down and the potty began to sing! I reminded her that we would stop asking her if she would start going on her own. I also said that we would buy her a bran new tricycle if she could get 10 stickers today. For every success she gets a sticker on her chart & a sucker. David just stared at me from across the room. We are in no position this week to be buying her a new tricycle! We live in an apartment on the second floor & every time I move I begin to contract & at the end of the week we will be closing on our second home! I reassured him that there was NO WAY she was going to go in the potty 10 times! By noon we had 6 stickers! 8 stickers by the time Daddy arrived home from work & 9 stickers by the time it came to go to the grocery store. We had no accidents what so ever and just couldn’t see her fail now! So we brought the potty chair along with us in the van & I decided to just stay in the car with the kids while they watched a movie. Sure enough as we were patiently waiting for Daddy to return she yells out “I got to go POTTY!” By the time Daddy got back to the van we were up to 10 stickers!! Thinking that she would forget about the prize & that we may be able to scam the little 2 year old into getting another full day of big girl potty successes we headed home! Once again she proved me wrong. She walked into the apartment asked for her sucker, sticker, & her new tricycle! With a look from Daddy I don’t really desire to see again Daddy & Olivia headed out the door to Target! Luckily Target had a great sale this week! I just keep whispering in his ear that 2 in diapers is WAY cheaper than 3!!!


