Wow time is flying & with 3 kids under 3 there is not a lot of extra time! I apologize for not getting the blog updated but here we go! Holden arrived Monday, June 28th at 4:18 p.m. after a long traumatic birth! We ended up being induced due to me starting to show all the signs of preeclampsia. It worked out for us because David was here & we could have the baby & be out of the hospital in time for my brother’s wedding! The nurse was very slow at getting things started that day & even got into some trouble by my doctor! She didn’t have the pitocin started by the time my doctor came to make her rounds, so therefore she was unable to break my water. The nurse was also horrible at putting I.V.’s in & my loud scream of pain brought the charge nurse running into the room! The morning continued like this with nothing really progressing. Finally at lunch my doctor arrived & broke my water. This got things moving! I was having pretty good contractions & working my way up to being 7 1/2 cm dilated. I was trying to go without the epidural due to it stopping labor in the past but the pain was getting to be a little much. At one point during a contraction my I.V. came out & was shooting blood everywhere! My nurse just froze & didn’t really know what to do! Thanks to my husband we finally got another nurse to come in & fix the problem. At that point all the nurses were getting tired of the whole situation & was ready for me to just get the epidural & be quite. The new nurse checked me once more & told me I had a long way to go & that I wasn’t even 6 cm dilated yet! This was mentally discouraging so I went ahead an ordered the epidural. The last thing I really remember is leaning on David as I received the first initial shot of the pain medication. The next thing I new 4 minutes later I was being jolted awake & being screamed at to push! Apparently I passed out, we lost the baby’s heart rate & they had given me ephedrine to get things going. My body relaxed & out he came! He weighed 7 lbs 5 oz , 19.5 inches long with a bruised face & LOTS of hair! At first Holden had a hard time maintaining his body temperature so they put him in a heater for a few hours. But eventually he recovered & was doing well. I also after a few minor complications was doing good. I just have to thank David & my Mom for helping me get through the day! I couldn’t of done it without them! I also need to thank my cousin Amy!! She was able to come up to the hospital right after Holden was born & helped take care of both of us!!


